This multi-stakeholder ministerial high-level side event at Rio+20, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, focuses on
strengthening the resilience of vulnerable people and their communities. The discussion will focus on essential elements of sustainable development, including health and resilience for all, and an inclusive society.
Moderator: Mr Bekele Geleta, Secretary General, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
• H.E. Mr Christian Friis Bach, Minister for Development Cooperation, Denmark
• Dr Margaret Chan, Director-General, World Health Organisation
• Ms Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director, United Nations World Food Programme
• Mr Hasan Tuluy, Vice-President for Latin America and the Caribbean, The World Bank
• Ambassador Gabriel Marcelo Fuks, President of the White Helmets Commission, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Argentina
English/Spanish simultaneous translation will be available.