Jointly organized by International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and Austrian Red Cross (ARC), the Global Youth Conference will take place 9-12 December 2012 in Vienna, Austria.
- Join the Youth on the Move Community of Practice on IFRC’s FedNet (free registration required)
- Enroll in RedTalk #13, an initiative of the Red Cross Red Crescent Learning network to share, understand and act for global youth empowerment (enrollment and participation are both free).
Inspired by the Youth Declaration, Solferino 2009 and more recently the revised IFRC Youth Policy adopted at the General Assembly in November 2011, the conference aims to input to an IFRC Youth Strategy and provide youth with the platform to engage at a peer level in addressing a range of humanitarian challenges throughout the world. It will also enable them to arrive at initiatives on how they can make a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in their communities and contribute toward building strong National Societies.
What are the objectives of the Global Youth Conference?
- To provide the opportunity for youth to discuss and address humanitarian challenges in their communities
- To provide input to the IFRC Global Youth Strategy
- To arrive at a Plan of Action for Youth Activities, at the regional level to facilitate exchange and sustainability of initiatives among networks and partners
- To build new as well as strengthen existing partnerships
What are the four key themes?
- Youth promoting humanitarian values and life skills – How we can enhance humanitarian values, attitudes and life skills among children and young people?
- Youth as innovators – How are youth taking action in meeting humanitarian challenges?
- Youth as beneficiaries – How we can reach young people and support them on a peer to peer level? How can we strengthen local capacity building and structures for youth organizations “in order to contribute to civil society development”?
- Youth as leaders – How can we engage and facilitate and support excellent young leaders?
Enroll in RedTalk #13 to explore each of these themes with other people, young and old, from all over the world.