The Coronavirus pandemic has reshaped how we observe health and fitness in our daily lives. However, while many may not be able to (or may not feel safe doing so) visit their local gym or fitness center, that doesn’t mean that we can’t take our health into our own hands and pursue the same level of health and wellness at home. If you want to become healthier without risking COVID-19, here are five tips for managing your health from home.
1. Seek out natural remedies and supplements that help you get the most out of your efforts.
While prescription medications are of great importance (and are not meant to be replaced when you’re dealing with a serious medical condition), there are plenty of natural remedies and supplements that may support your overall health without all of the negative side effects of modern medicine. For example, you could consider taking supplements like:
- Natural substances like kratom. Kratom (also known as mitragyna speciosa) is an herbal supplement from Southeast Asia that’s purported to offer benefits like mental health support, pain relief, energy and endurance (at lower doses), relaxation (at higher doses), and more. Of course, trying something new for the first time can come with a lot of questions, especially when you have a variety of kratom strains like Green Maeng Da kratom, Red Maeng Da kratom, and even White Maeng Da kratom. Whether you plan on taking your supplement in powder form or as a capsule, take time to learn more about kratom as well as what the ideal dosage will look like for your chosen strain (for example, getting the right Green Maeng Da dosage).
- Multivitamins or specific products like vitamin A or vitamin D that help you support your body and mind. It’s always helpful to speak with your doctor to see which needs are being met before taking any vitamins and supplements.
- Other helpful health supplements that can improve your overall health and quality of life. For example, if you find yourself constantly dealing with inflammation and water retention, it can be difficult to go about your day-to-day life. Additionally, most creams and topicals do little to target the underlying problem. To get helpful natural support, consider looking for the most powerful natural diuretic to help you target these issues with ease.
If you’re looking to target health problems or boost your health without relying on medications with potentially harmful ingredients, consider using some of the natural products listed above.
2. Take advantage of the telehealth revolution.
Taking an in-person visit to the doctor’s office leaves many feeling nervous, and for good reason. Fortunately, the world we live in has paved a way for us to get the health care we need without having to put ourselves at risk of contracting COVID-19. The best way to gain necessary access to basic medical care is to schedule a virtual care visit. Although it can’t replace an emergency room visit for a more serious health problem, telehealth gives you the ability to speak with your healthcare provider about your health and receive prescriptions and advice without ever having to leave the house. There are many additional benefits of virtual visits as well, such as getting digital prescriptions, improved safety, and a more seamless visiting experience. If you want to visit a specialist like a therapist, there are solutions for this as well!
3. Consider investing in exercise equipment for indoor and outdoor workouts.
Without the support of gyms, many may be at a loss for what they can do to pursue their fitness goals. Fortunately, fitness can be practiced at home. If you’re someone that relies on weight sets and other workout equipment, consider making some minor investments to help you get more out of your home workouts. Of course, it’s important to remember that even the most basic of exercises have their benefits. Taking a walk for just 30 minutes can impact heart health and help you lose weight!
4. Create a meal plan or diet that supports your health and wellness goals.
What you eat is just as important as what supplements you take or how often you work out. Set aside some time to learn more about proper nutrition, how you can create your own healthy meal plans, and what you’ll need to do to curb some of the cravings or eating habits you’ve picked up thus far. Your body will thank you!
5. Find ways to reduce your overall stress and anxiety.
Mental health is arguably one of the most important areas of your health to focus on, especially if the pandemic has greatly impacted any areas of your life. Try to find ways to reduce your stress and anxiety by using exercises like yoga or mindfulness meditation, engaging in more activities you enjoy, and finding ways to work around or through some of the issues in your life. It’ll take some work, but reducing stress is possible.
Your health is important, and even if you’re spending more time at home, you can still care for yourself. If you want to take better care of your health starting now and moving forward, use the five tips above to get the most out of your health and wellness journey!